The level of reproduction on the farm depends on the rules for keeping snails for breeding.
- the population density on the uterine tables is 50-60 individuals per 1 square meter (the area of the vertical film and the table itself is taken into account);
- the temperature regime depends on the type of snail: Helix aspersa Müller — 14-16 ° С, Helix aspersa Maxima — 19-21 ° С;
- recommended humidity in the uterine room: day 75%, night 90%;
- daylight hours — 15-16 hours;
- purity of the uterine tables: daily it is necessary to remove the remains of compound feed, rinse the uterine tables and collect dead individuals;
- table levels should be cut off from each other;
- it is preferable to use special compound feed for reproduction;
- for the broodstock is selected the best snail from the livestock ;
- the period for restoration of strength after suspended animation (hibernation) — 3-5 weeks;
- in order to prevent the entry of pathogenic microflora into the uterine room, it is important that employees observe hygiene standards (replaceable clothing, gloves, hats, disinfectant rugs in front of the entrance).
Following these rules will help you increase the reproduction of broodstock and lead to the birth of healthy baby snails.