- Canned gray or grape snails from "Snails House" in sauce - 150 g
- Kapunti paste (in tubes) - 120 g
- Sun-dried tomatoes - 120 g
- Onion - 20 g
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Ginger (fresh or dried) - 15 g
- Seasoning “Italian herbs” - to taste
Pasta is a traditional food in Italy. And this country, together with France, are leaders in the annual consumption of snails. Italians know a lot about delicious food! Snail meat is tender, juicy, and at the same time useful — it is easily digested and contains a lot of protein. You can use this delicacy even with indigestion.
Pasta is also useful. Contrary to the belief that pasta is making you fat, most Italians are thin. That’s because real pasta is pasta made exclusively from durum wheat. And such a dough refers to useful complex carbohydrates, which gives energy and not gives you extra kilos.
All pasta dishes are prepared according to the principle:
- boil the paste;
- prepare a sauce for it.
A pasta recipe with snail meat is no exception. It is very simple, and at the same time original, due to the unusual (especially for Ukrainians) taste of mollusks.
Ingredients for Pasta with Snail Meat
- Canned gray or grape snails from «Snails House» in sauce — 150 g
- Kapunti paste (in tubes) — 120 g
- Sun-dried tomatoes — 120 g
- Onion — 20 g
- Garlic — 2 cloves
- Balsamic vinegar — 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Olive oil — 2 tbsp. spoons
- Ginger (fresh or dried) — 15 g
- Seasoning “Italian herbs” — to taste
How to cook pasta with snail meat
First prepare snails — the paste is boiled almost in the end to pour it with sauce and serve immediately.
Important! Do not eat cold or warm pasta! Because it loses its taste and healthy qualities.
How to prepare sauce for snail paste:
- Open a can of «Snails House» canned snails. Gray or grape mollusks — it does not matter. Both species have a delicate and juicy taste. It is recommended to try both the first and second and make the choice which one is the best for you.
- Put the product on a plate.
- Grind the garlic. Fry it a little in olive oil.
- Add onions and balsamic vinegar to the pan.
- When the onions are browned, add sun-dried tomatoes and ginger. If the ginger is fresh, grate it. If in the form of seasoning — just sprinkle.
- Add snails to the sauce, mix thoroughly.
If the liquid is not enough, add a little water and leave to simmer for a few minutes. At this time, start cooking pasta (it is better to put water for it in advance):
- Throw pasta into boiling water.
- Cover with a lid.
- After 0.5-1 minutes, when the water begins to boil again, open the lid and stir the pasta.
- Salt to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The exact cooking time depends on pasta (see package). Cook until aldente state. How to check: take one pasta and squeeze with fingers. It must be elastic.
As soon as the pasta has cooked, drain the water and immediately fill the dish with the sauce. Aldente pasta with hot sauce “will reach”. Stir the pasta with the sauce and season with Italian Herbs.
How to serve pasta with snail meat
The finished dish is served to the table immediately, as an independent. The delicacy goes well with dry white wine (Italian). If you do not like sourness in wine — take the French one, Italians believe that wine should always acidify.
You can sprinkle pasta with grated cheese. Any creamy one will be good for it. Separately, you can serve moldy cheese to the table. Fresh vegetables — tomatoes and peppers will perfectly complement the taste of the dish.
Bon Appetit! More snail recipes in other «Snails House» blog articles. All products on the site are also in stock.